Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol is a pure, naturally-derived carrier and solvent for flavors and extracts. A welcome alternative to petroleum-based carriers, it offers flavorists and food technologists reduced bitterness and enhanced sweetness in food and beverage products and provides unique solubility properties for flavoring compounds. Other uses include processing aid and humectant.
Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol is currently approved for use in food and flavor applications in the United States. It is approved for use in flavor applications in Australia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Guatemala, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru and Singapore.
Zemea® USP-FCC is effective in the following food and flavor applications:
- Flavors, extracts, aroma chemicals, colors
- Bakery and confectionery
The benefits of Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol include:
- Reduced bitterness
- Enhanced sweetness
- Alternative to petroleum-based carriers and additives
- Unique solubility properties
- Improved humectancy
- Lowers water activity
- Antimicrobial properties
- Food Chemicals Codex (FCC)
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
- Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)
- Flavor & Extract Manufacturers Association (FEMA # 4753)
- 100% Bio-based
Where to buy
Find a distributor in your area.
Request a sample
Product formulators and designers are invited to request a sample for application testing.